Super-easy, tasty dinner to start the cleanse thingy. I’ve been at my mom’s for a week, and we ate out almost every day. I’m home now, and it was actually kind of nice to make this simple, healthful meal for our first dinner of the cleanse.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6-7 oz. (1/2 package) firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces (no need to press)
- juice of 1 orange
- 2-4 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly on the vertical
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet.
- Add tofu, orange juice, agave nectar, salt, and rice vinegar. Stir gently to coat tofu with glaze, then cook on medium, stirring occasionally, until tofu begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Set tofu aside and rinse out the skillet.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add onions and broccoli and cook until onion is browned and broccoli is crisp-tender. Add tofu back in; cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve over rice.